Monday, June 18, 2012

Fun in the summer sun

Spring and summer are my favorite seasons of the year. I actually think I like spring a little bit more, because it's cooler and it's a new awakening after the dreariness of winter. However, summer brings with it the end of school, sunshine, and lots of fun activities you can't do any other time of year. Last week I took the boys for a picnic in the park. They were absolutely thrilled to do something as simple as putting a blanket on the ground, taking snacks, and reading books in the park. It was so much fun viewing this activity through their eyes and brought back fun memories from my own childhood.






Their dad got a new riding lawn tractor this year and it's a huge hit. I don't know who's a bigger fan, Tom or Justin.




Justin's going to summer camp 3 days a week through his preschool. One of the fun things he gets to do, in addition to field trips, is take swim lessons. Today was the first day for that, and he was terribly excited to sport his new duds.



I hope the rest of the summer is as much fun as the first few weeks have been.

1 comment: