Friday, October 22, 2010

Some press for Justin

After reading through my previous posts, I feel like I've done a lot of talking about the little guy and not enough about his big brother. So today, I'm going to talk about Justin.

It's hard to believe that Justin is on his way to being four years old. So much was different in our lives back then, and I don't just mean we didn't have kids yet. Tom and I were both employed at different jobs, we had two cats, and we didn't have a minivan. :)

I found out I was pregnant with Justin about 3 weeks before Christmas. I had just finished my last day at my job, and was starting a new one the following week. We'd been trying to get pregnant for several months, but each month it was the same story....no baby on the way. I honestly didn't expect this particular month to be any different. I got home from work about 2:00 that day and just decided to take a test, fully expecting it to be negative. A plus sign appeared almost immediately. I rubbed my eyes several times, sure they were playing tricks on me, but nope, there it was. And I was pretty freaked out!

I went out for a few hours with some friends. We had a full evening planned of watching each other's wedding videos, exchanging Christmas ornaments, and eating lots of yummy snacks. I wasn't sure if I should drink diet coke or not, it has caffeine in it you know. And the whole time, I was trying to figure out how I was going to tell Tom. I wanted to announce it in a cute way, but I'm just not that creative.

So I finally got home and I was getting ready for bed while he was fooling around on the computer. I told him that I thought I needed to start cleaning up my office. He asked me why, and I said, "Because I'm pregnant!" He wasn't sure whether to believe me so I took two more tests the next morning, including a digital one that definitely displayed the word, "Pregnant". Whee, we were on our way to parenthood.



We announced the news to our families on Christmas Day. Both sets of grandparents received a picture frame with the following poem in it:

I do not have a face to see,
or put inside a frame.

I do not have soft cheeks to kiss;
I don't yet have a name.

You can't hold my tiny hands,
nor whisper in my ear.

It's still too soon to sing a song,
or cuddle me so near.

But all will change come August,
when they say I'm due.

I'm your new grandson or granddaughter;
I can't wait till I meet you!

All I ask between now and then
is your patience while I grow.

I promise I'll be worth the wait,
because of all the love we'll know.

So as you're waiting patiently,
please pray lots of prayers for me.

I cannot wait to be a part
of this wonderful family!


An ultrasound a few weeks later confirmed the fact that there was indeed a baby on the way. Tom and I had no idea how our lives would change, but it definitely became more real on that January day!




I'll talk more about him in my next post. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment